Q & A with Moran Chaim

Human Again 
Cryonemesis Book 1
by Moran Chaim 

An Israeli soldier awakens 300 years after dying in combat on 2006. He finds himself in an underground shelter-city beneath the Judea mountains where the survivors of a major climate crisis live. 

Now, he'll have to find his new place in the world, while fighting for the survival of the city that's facing a vicious radical group.

Kindle Edition, 147 pages
Published June 6th 2016






Find it on Goodreads

Buy it on Amazon
Download Human Again FREE on Amazon June 22-23, 2016!

Read It & Reap:  January 8, 2017




Moran Chaim is an Israeli born writer. He holds a BFA in cinema and screenwriting and participated in the second Israel-Lebanon war as a Navy soldier. Human again is his debut novel and the first book of the Cryonemesis series.

                                       Q & A with Moran Chaim

1. Tell us a little bit about your main characters.
Roy - the main character, is an IDF soldier who died during battle in 2006. He's been cryo-frozen for 300 years without him knowing it, so when he wakes up in the future he's alone and scared. Roy has the power and skills to help the city's security issues. But after dying once already he's reluctant to help in that way. The mystery of why he was brought back and what should he do drives him to find answers and allies in the city.

Padma - she's the president of the city. As a motherly figures she takes care of the sanity and security of the people living underground as a first priority. She needs Roy as a former soldier but she's also tough on him because he's not so submissive at first.

I can't reveal anything else without spoiling the story :)

2. Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?
An amazing designer called Eloise J Knapp who's an author herself. Doing the cover design is one of the most fun parts because you get to see your vision alive graphically. Like it's already the final book. I try to have a very specific image in my mind and get the cover ready just after I finish with the first draft. It's a great motivator to see the cover already waiting for you to finish up and it's good for enticing beta readers in an early stage.

3. Describe your ideal writing spot.

Its has to be pretty quiet. In early plotting and sketching stages I like to write outside at the park using pen and paper. Later any quiet place with a desk and a chair could do just fine. Because the world is filled with distraction and notifications. I prefer writing early in the morning before everyone wakes up.

4. What is the best advice you have been given?
Persistence, persistence, persistence. Success come to those who keep on trying.

5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to make movies. From an early stage I used to direct my brothers and film it with my grandpa's camcorder. I went to a film summer camp and after school film activities. As a kid I used to watch Disney movies 3-4 times in a row. I also loved behind the scenes videos about how they create stunts and explosions in action movies. Later in life I applied to film school at the Tel Aviv university and realized that I actually wanted to write movies. But it's a tough business so I'm trying my luck with novels currently. Hopefully they'll turn into movies some day :)

6. Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
No preference :) I was born in the 80's and grew up to the internet era so I'm fine with all formats.

7. If you could have any supernatural power, what would you choose and why?
Make stupid people smart in an instant. They are so annoying sometimes.

8. What book are you reading now? 
I read "Compass of Zen" by Zen Master Seung Sahn. I've been practicing Buddhist meditation for 4 years now, and this book talks about the fundamentals of Buddhism and zen especially. Without it I'd be a totally different person.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller